Skip to main content

Day 4 - Mission Viejo, CA to Casa Grande, AZ

Finally ready for our journey to begin!


Well today was uneventful...finally! We tearfully left Mission Viejo around 9am and headed to Arizona. Kyle pulled over in Oceanside to check the straps on the dolly. Everything looked good. I let the muscle relaxer kick in, fell asleep in California and woke up in Arizona. I slept on the bed in the back, thankfully it’s a newer foam mattress so it absorbed some of the road bumps. It’s a pretty bumpy ride in this RV. Way different than towing the trailer and the smooth ride of the 4runner. It’s pretty loud too you hear a lot of road noise. I take a walkie talkie with me when I leave the cockpit so I can hear Kyle. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to hear him past the living room. 

Our final glances of the Pacific Ocean.



Toby came and slept in the back with me too. It took a while for him to get used to his new ride. We have the couch pulled out for him but he still just wants to be in the cockpit or wherever I am. We have his leash buckled into the couch seatbelt to kind of train him where he can’t go. He eventually got the hang of it and now just lays on the couch if I’m in the front or goes on the bed with me if I’m in the back. I set up a fan at the couch for him too but during the heat of the day I turned the air on to cool the RV down before we pulled into the campsite. The cockpit stays pretty cool but the rest of the RV heats up fast. 

A really big wind turbine at a truck stop off the I-8


We got in to the campground around 6pm and the front office was closed already so we had to call a few times to figure out where our spot was. They just said take any pull through spot. The campground wasn’t very full and since we were only there for 1 night we only plugged in electricity and didn’t bother with water or sewer. We did have to use dads extension cord for the electricity. The electrical box was in such a weird spot and we didn’t want to unhitch there car so we were a foot short. The extension helped. The site was just loose rocks so it wasn’t super level. We didn’t bother with leveling though, it was close enough for one night. That is the beauty of this set up versus the pop up. We were set up in 20 minutes. 


The AC works pretty well once it gets going. We were very comfortable at night. We have a little corner shelf in the bedroom that dad put up for me that holds this small fan we have. It’s perfect. It blows across the AC vent and onto us. We kept the AC just under 75 all night. 


Comments