Skip to main content

Dinette Slide Footer Fix


This is the dinette with the cushions, doors and table removed. The fix we are working on today is for this bottom piece that I'm going to call the Dinette Slide Footer because I don't actually know what it is called. Since everything is getting painted in this PUP the obvious first task will be to dissemble the footer and paint it. 


I took the footer off so we could start painting and found this horrific mess! Obviously the previous owners had a dog and NEVER cleaned under here… So now my first task was to clean this mess out before I started painting.



I took the weather strip off the bottom of the footer because it was ripped in many places. We will be buying a new black one from Coleman Popup Parts https://colemanpopupparts.com/products/bed-seal to replace this one. Kyle spray painted the top metal piece black then I primed the bottom part white. 


After a good cleaning the underside looks much better. We put the footer back up temporarily while we wait for the weather strip to come in. I'll add an update to this post once we get that part finished.



Comments