Skip to main content

Galley Countertop Progress


I have been trying to figure out a stain color for our lovely new countertops Kyle cut. I was going to try to work with some of the stain that I already have here so I wouldn't have to go buy anything new. I tried layering a few options too but as pretty as these stain swatches are, they don't fit the color that I have in my mind. We ended up going with Minwax Golden Oak and are very happy with the results.


I wanted to make sure the cutting board that fits over the sink doesn't go sliding around in transit. I added some "feet" to help secure it inside the sink while we are driving. Also now the cutting board doubles as a little elevated serving tray with the feet attached! 


I started with a wood conditioner then layered on 2 coats of the Golden Oak stain. I made sure to do the little cutting board too. Lastly I went over everything with 2 coats of Minwax Fast Drying Polyurethane making sure to go heavy in the areas that will see the most water. 


Ready to be re-assembled and put back in the trailer!

Comments