Skip to main content

Nebraska - Day 9


It was a perfect morning here in Nebraska. We were able to watch the sun rise through the trees with beautiful morning weather. We are going to see Mike today but not until later when he gets off work. Since the last few campgrounds we stayed at haven't had laundry services, I decided to go into town to find a laundromat and run some errands. Kyle stayed at the campground with Toby and relaxed.

I spent a few hours at the laundromat then headed over to the grocery store nearby called Hy-Vee. If any of you know my thing for grocery stores, then you will understand why I spent over an hour here! This store was close to the top of my list of favorites, Wegmans being the first. I took my time strolling through the aisles and eventually bought what I needed for dinner tonight. We are cooking tacos at the campground when Mike gets in.


Afte stopping for some gas and a car wash I headed back to camp. Mike arrived shortly after I did. He brought his rescue greyhound, Silver. We allowed the two dogs to meet and they seemed to be ok with each other. So we put them in the playpen/trailer to hang out together while we made dinner. The dogs did really well together, Silver found Toby's bed and made herself comfortable! 

We just hung out at the campground tonight, enjoying the company and eventually cooking popcorn and s'mores over the fire. It was so nice having Mike come join us tonight!

Comments